Friday, June 14, 2013

Stitch n Flip Mini

After getting Jacquie Gering's book Quilting Modern I have been going crazy drawing up ideas using her techniques. Of course it helped that a large group of our Guild, the Rochester Modern Quilt Guild took a road trip to Buffalo last month to take her class. She was SO inspiring. I left there bursting with ideas. Stitch n Flip isn't one that she did in the class, but she does it on her Craftsy class and it is SO MUCH FUN. I love that I can make it my own. I love that no matter if I make it a 1/2 inch shorter than I meant to doesn't matter because it comes out looking great.

This is only the second quilt that I've done with this technique, both very small. It was perfect timing that Ellison Lane Quilts had a mini challenge going on. I could practice this while making a mini quilt.

I can't wait to get some other projects done so that I can make a larger quilt using this.







2 comments:

  1. Such a cool mini! I'm so glad you tried something new! Thanks for entering the Modern Mini Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out great. I am taking this Craftsy class and am working on this technique, but it is not as nice as your turned out :)

    ReplyDelete