I will get back to my scrap strip quilt in a bit. I wanted to post a block that I did for the Ithaca Modern Quilt Guild. The challenge was this. They took Van Gogh's Starry Night painting and divided it up into 24 pieces. I had planned to create my piece with little scraps of fabric. Every time I started I gave up. It looked horrible. That and I wasn't even sure how to stitch them on without them looking like a mess.
Then I thought of appliqueing pieces on. Let's just say appliqué is not my forte. :(
I have to say my final piece I'm very happy with. :)
This is the piece I was given to interpret.
The sun was my favorite part.
The sun in detail.
Finished (which actually is side wise I think. If you look at Van Gogh's original, I think I have it oriented the wrong way.