Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Scrap Strips

I'm working on a quilt that has three inch squares and it will be made of scraps. It will mean using fabrics that I've rather grown out of, but I don't want any duplicate squares. Well, the other night I was cutting some of the squares up in the living room, which I normally don't do. I was cutting them and just tossing the scraps on the floor. When I was picking up everything I noticed some of the scraps all in a row. That gave me the idea to put some in a long row and just sew them down and make a runner out of it. I put a bit of glue to keep them in place and then stitched them down. That evolved into using this piece to practice my free motion quilting.


Before I started quilting. Keep in mind these strips are just on there with a couple dabs of glue.





Straight stitches on the center over the strips and each side will have three sections with different free motion designs. In the middle one here I'm thinking of added straight lines in between those curves.



Some of my doodles with ideas for the sides.




1 comment:

  1. I love this! Great way to use those snippets, and the quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete