Wednesday, January 30, 2013

stippling

Over the last year or so I've been trying to learn as many stitches as I could from various places. Mostly from Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project. I have a bin that I put all my test squares or rectangles in so that I can refer to them.



One stitch that she really didn't cover in that project was simply stippling. Sounds easy enough, however, I was nervous to try it on an actual quilt. I anticipated getting myself into a corner not being able to get out. Then she started her Quilt Along. You'll see that that was the first thing she talked about. OK, I figured I could try it. OK, you'll notice the white fabric is me trying stippling. LOL. I got myself stuck and decided to just doodle. Not exactly sure what it turned into, but I guess that is why they call it practicing right?



So now I have this really quick and easy baby quilt that I have to do. I wanted something that I could quilt really quick. I decided to try this stitch again. How hard can it be? I see so many quilters using it. I figured I could do it as well. 



not too bad



I have to admit the quilt is moving along pretty quick. I've only backed myself in a corner once. :)


happy quilting - Sherri

1 comment:

  1. I've never just stippled a quilt either. I looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete