Sunday, December 2, 2012

Take Five

As if I didn't have enough projects piling up in my studio, I started a new one this evening. Let me give you a bit of background on this one. My husband Bob is a huge jazz fan. He's been wanting to get album covers to frame and use for artwork in our middle room upstairs, his music room. Last year I bought him the Time Out Album by Dave Brubeck so that he could frame it. He jokingly said that I should quilt the artwork.

Guess What? I've decided to do just that.





OK, well. I wasn't exactly sure how I was to go about this. I talked it over with other quilters and have decided to start by tracing the piece of art onto piece of muslin. 




Now that I have that traced I will start looking through my stash to find the solids that I will need to applique the shapes onto the muslin. The challenge will be the quilting. I want to try to re-create the brushwork by free motion quilting. 




2 comments:

  1. That's going to be one awesome quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only hope. I'm glad I didn't try to make it a gift. That would have been too much pressure. I realize that, for me, sometimes that's a good thing but this I'm going to need time for. Excited to get started.

    ReplyDelete