Friday, May 4, 2012

Shadowplay Class

Last Saturday at Ivy Thimble Quilt Shop in Victor, New York, I took a class for the Shadowplay quilt. I've always wanted to make a three dimensional quilt so when I saw this was going to be a class I jumped at the chance. 

There are five rows in the center part of the quilt In the photo below I have the top row sewn and the next two are just placed.  On the rows that have four squares there is a flying geece piece on either end which gives the allusion of another piece. The pattern actually calls for a few different colors for the main square. I tried to use fabrics that I already had. I'm all about using up my staff lately. I'm hoping to be working on some scrappy quilts this summer. 




Main Square



Layout so far

I can't wait to see this one when it's done. I will keep you updated.

Happy Quilting  -  Sherri

No comments:

Post a Comment