Monday, March 26, 2012

My First Wonky Quilt

I have been drawn to this style of quilt for quite a while. Whenever I'm doodling one seems to show up. Well, I have a black and lime green quilt that I am making and I thought why not try it now. It takes a little getting used to, but I'm having fun. Come to think of it I might have done some squares like this before. I'll have to dig up some photos on an angel quilt I made some time ago.

Back to this one. Here are a few photos to show my progress so far.

initial drawing





Like I said, I'm having fun. Can't wait to see how it turns out. You'll notice, however there are a few times that I was short just a bit and I ended up having to add just a smidgen to one side. I think the hardest part is trying not to waste fabric. I only have so much. I still have 10 more squares to go. 

I think I'm going to make the quilting on this very simple. Just straight lines.

till next time,
sher

2 comments:

  1. OH, I love it Sherri! Of course green is my favorite color and who doesn't love wonky!

    ReplyDelete