Saturday, November 5, 2011

Small Brick Quilt

OK, so today was my daughter Sarah's LAST EVER High School swim meet. It was sectionals tonight. She swam her best time in the 100 free (58.33) and her best time in the 100 back (1:05.76). I only cried a little at her 100 back. She went in seated 9th and was in the first heat. When the race started the girl next to her was leading the whole way and was about a body length ahead of her. I couldn't believe it, she went in ahead of her and should have been beating her. In true Sarah form when she did her flip turn into the last 25 yards she came out of nowhere. It looked as though she out touched her but she lost by like a finger nail or something. So, she took 10th overall. She told us later that she started crying her last 25. :(
Her team came in second, but they all swam a great meet tonight. Very proud of them.

OK - back to quilting.

I think this was my first charm pack. I wanted to make something quick and easy and just loved these Andover fabrics designed by Kim Shaefer.

I also quilted the pieces with flowing glass by Leah Day.


Small Brick Quilt




Small Brick Quilt _ detail




Small Brick Quilt _ detail

2 comments:

  1. I am sure this will be a bittersweet year for you with your daughter, but think of all the new adventures she will have next year in college.

    Awesome quilt Sherri! Love the quilting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherri. Remember me from CCSU? Diann mentioned the other day how well you are doing with your quilts so I thought I'd better take a look. Very, very nice. Love your banner too. Gotta love those batiks. My husband and I are moving to Potsdam! He just got a job at Clarkson. I can't wait -- it seems like a great area.
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete