Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Free Motion Quilting - Christmas Tree

I have about five projects going at the same time. Most of the time I think that's nuts. On the one hand, if I get frustrated with one project I pick up another one and work on that for a while. When I go back to the first one I seem to be able to focus again and it works. On the other hand it takes a while to finish a project.  Am I crazy? There must be others out there working on this many projects at one time, right?

Yesterday I posted photos of my free motion quilting of Drop Art. I decided to look at some of the projects that I have laying around that need to be finished. I still have Sarah's quilt that I just spray basted. (that's for another day).


The Christmas Tree wall hanging is a great project. I stopped working on it because I was trying to figure out what to quilt on the boarder. I made three of these last year. This one didn't get finished, because it was for me, of course.  The other two didn't have any filler quilting on them. I think I quilted a star on each of the corners but that was about it. I decided to use this one to practice some of the free motion stitches that I've learn from Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting Project.


The center white part is filled with Spiral-Pebble. It doesn't look too bad. Now I just have to figure out what design to use for the boarder and I'll be all set. I have red glass beads for the ornaments and buttons that look like toys to place on the skirt of the tree. I promise to post them when it's done.


If I stitch fast enough does it count as aerobic exercise?
Sherri


2 comments:

  1. I have a ton of projects going all at once! I think it's a quilter thing! Check out WIP Wednesday link-up over at Freshly Pieced, lots and lots of projects in-process!

    I love the quilting on the Christmas tree wall hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT! Work in Progress. I will be posting regularly on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete