Monday, October 17, 2011

Free Motion Friday - Drop Art

OK, well I know it's Monday, but I just found this today. I have done flowing glass and thought this would be easy. Not so much. It would take a bit of practice to get my drops consistent. They are either too fat or skinny. :) Thank you Fluffy Sheep Quilting for starting this. This encouragement to work on designs I might not of otherwise tried.

my first attempt:



On my second attempt, I tried to do some fills to see what that would look like. I think my favorite is simply echoing inside. I think if I used this design that is what I would do.

my second attempt:


I'm working on getting my machine flush with my table. When that happens I will get the Supreme Slider. I have a couple different pairs of gloves that my husband have bought for me. I have to admit that the ones that I bought for myself are the best so far. Don't laugh . . .   I tried using my rubber (dishwashing) gloves one day just to see how they would work. I like them. 

Can't wait to see what's next on Friday.




7 comments:

  1. Awesome! Both attempts are good, but your second attempt ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good! Have you tried Machingers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies . . . no, what are machingers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great - love the different "fillings"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you sure you need the practice Sherri - this looks perfect to me!!? Will have to try drops with fillings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks excellent to me! Welcome to the group though- we will all get better with practice?

    ReplyDelete