Monday, August 8, 2011

Working on Sarah's Quilt

OK, so it's been over a week. I'm starting this blog a little slow. Hopefully I will do a little more as I go along. I've never been one to keep a diary or anything like that. I decided to do this to push me a little to work on my projects more. Not working so well yet.

SO, this is a quilt that I'm working on for my daughter. Her room is brown with pink accents. She helped me pick out the fabrics which we bought at Patchwork Plus Quilt Shop in Marcellus, New York. There is a white boarder going on and then a brown dot print that is part of the quilt going on for the outside boarder.


I hope to have the top, which is almost done, done by the weekend.

I can show off a couple photos of my daughter. She is a senior this coming school year. This is the first quilt I've made for her since my first quilt I made back in 1994 when I was pregnant. I will have to add that photo sometime.




Below are some samples of freemotion quilting I've been working on. These are from Leah Day's 365 Days of Freemotion Quilting



Happy Quilting,
Sherri

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging, Sherri! Looking forward to seeing more of your projects! Lovely daughter, BTW...

    ReplyDelete